Pelvic floor dysfunction is the inability to exert control over the pelvic floor muscles.
Pelvic floor dysfunction is the inability to exert control over the pelvic floor muscles. More frequently found in women than men, there are a number of reasons for this condition, and there too are a range of treatments to remedy and manage this condition.
Understanding is pelvic floor dysfunction
The pelvic floor functions as a sling, and helps to support the organs located in the pelvis such as the rectum, bladder, prostrate, and uterus. When the pelvic floor muscles are contracted and relaxed, it allows for control over bowel movements, urination, and in women, sexual intercourse.
Symptoms of certain types of pelvic floor dysfunction:
- Problems with urination
- Excessive urge to urinate
- Leaking when sneezing, coughing or laughing
- Pain in the lower back
Pelvic Floor Treatment
Pelvic floor treatment with TeslaFormer is aimed at targeting strengthening weakened pelvic floor muscles. Exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor can help, but it is advisable to seek an expert for treatment with this condition.
Pelvic Floor Treatment options also include:
- Medication: Your therapist or doctor can prescribe you some muscle relaxants to aid the symptoms of pelvic floor dysfunction or incontinence. These relaxants will help prevent your muscles from contracting.
- Self-care: Stress can play a part in our body There are relaxation techniques like stretching and yoga that will help with pelvic floor relaxation.
- Non-invasive: TeslaChair pelvic floor strengthening treatment uses Functional Magnetic Stimulation (FMS), to cause muscle contractions to the area to strengthen and tone pelvic floor to treat incontinence.
While pelvic floor dysfunction and incontinence often cause discomfort and disruption to daily life, it can be treated successfully with the correct remedy.
Start by booking in a consultation with one of our body experts to see if TeslaChair Pelvic Floor Strengthening is right for you.