- How it Works
- Before & After
- Is this for me?
- What Next?
How it Works
What is fat freezing?
Cryolipolysis (commonly known as fat freezing) is a breakthrough, non-invasive procedure that uses a controlled cooling technology to permanently kill fat cells, without surgery. It’s the most effective non-surgical way to permanently remove stubborn pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise.
HOW DOES FAT FREEZING WORK?
- A special vacuumed applicator is applied to an area of the body and a controlled cooling technique lowers the treatment area to -9C.
- Cooling energy treats the fat layer without any damage to surrounding cells.
- As fat cells cannot survive at this temperature, these fat cells crystallise, die and over a period of 12 weeks naturally eliminate from the body.
- The result: 20-30% of permanent fat cell death in treated areas!
Not all fat freezing is created equal
At Body Catalyst we use Clatuu 360° technology. It is the most technologically advanced cryolipolysis and fat freezing system available today, killing up to 30% of fat cells with each treatment, with results starting from 6 weeks.
Clatuu has dual applicators which allow us to treat two areas at once along with the world’s first patented 360° cooling applicators for more effective fat reduction. To better understand the difference between fat freezing technology available on the market, click here.
WHAT IS FAT FREEZING? - BODY CATALYST
Before & After
Is this for me?
Cryolipolysis is most effective in people who have stubborn pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. It does not appear to be effective in people who have large amounts of fat to lose. So if you are within 15 kilos of your ideal weight and have fat pockets that can be grabbed, then fat freezing may well be the treatment for you.
At your initial complimentary consultation, our Body Experts will be able to advise if fat freezing is appropriate for you.
Areas that can be treated include:
Double Chin, Arms, Love Handles, Abdomen, Inner Thighs, Outer Thighs, Banana Rolls, Knees, Back Bra Strap
Your Questions Answered
Does it work?
Yes. The treatment is medically proven to permanently eliminate 20-30% of fat cells with each treatment in treated areas. The results are visible and speak for themselves.
Where does the fat go and is it permanent?
Once crystallized, the fat cells slowly break down and are transported through the lymphatic system to the liver where they are processed out of the body as waste. Once the treated fat cells are gone, they are gone for good. As long as you maintain your weight with your normal diet and exercise, your long-term results should remain stable.
Is it safe?
Yes. The treatments are non-invasive – meaning the treatment does not penetrate the skin so there is no risk of infection or complication. Our equipment is medical grade and registered on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG). Clatuu is entered in the ARTG, #243432
Is fat freezing for me?
Cryolipolysis is most effective in people who have stubborn pockets of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. It does not appear to be effective in people who have large amounts of fat to lose. At your initial complimentary consultation, our Body Experts will be able to advise if fat freezing is appropriate for you.
When will I start to see results?
Results can start to show as quickly as 6 weeks, with optimal results being seen at the 12th week mark.
Does it hurt?
As the cooling begins during the first few minutes, you will feel pressure and intense cold. This soon dissipates as the area becomes numb. Many people read, watch videos, work on their laptop, or even take a nap during their treatment.
How long does the treatment take?
Each treatment takes around 60 minutes (yep, that’s right, you can literally freeze your arse off in your lunch break).
Can I return to normal activities after the treatment?
Yes, you can. The procedure is completely non-surgical, so typically you can return to normal activities immediately. As surgery can lead to months of discomfort and disruption to life, Cryolipolysis is rapidly becoming a popular alternative to traditional liposuction.
Are all fat freezing machines the same?
No. There are only 3 machines registered as safe and approved for consumer use on the ARTG: Clatuu, Coolsculpting & Cooltech. Clatuu is the most technologically advanced cryolipolysis system available today, allowing for faster, more effective fat reduction. Click here to read more.
Clatuu is entered in the ARTG, #243432
Why choose Body Catalyst?
Because we are the largest and most experienced body sculpting clinic in Australia. We consistently perform more fat freezing treatments per year than any other clinic. Also, all our therapists are qualified nutritionists because it is important to us to help people maintain their body goals, not just reach them.
- Book a consultation with one of our qualified therapists. During this consultation we will discuss your body goals and expectations.
- Your therapist will work with you to create a customised treatment plan to help you achieve your body goals
- As a trained nutritionist, your therapist will offer you nutritional guidance to help maximise your Body Catalyst treatments and to ensure your results are maintained
- Your treatments begin once your treatment plan has been mapped out
- On the day of treatment you will be supported by our qualified and caring therapists, photos and measurements will be taken so we can monitor your results
- Post-treatment, you will receive regular check-in phone calls and emails to see how you're tracking
- Follow up appointments are booked in to monitor progress of results through photos and measurements
- At every stage, our highly trained therapists are available to answer any questions you may have about your treatments and our procedures