A balanced life is a healthy life
Finding balance starts with a basic plan, comprised of a few easy steps. Katrina Navratil outlines these steps for us:
- Identify the things you do a little too much of, and the things you could use a little more of
- Be honest with yourself
- Implement one change at a time
Whether you think that you’ve cracked the code of “you”, and have struck the perfect balance, or that you’re eating too much sugar, dealing with too much stress, or not getting enough sleep, there are actions you can take to create better personal balance.
The areas up for review are diet and nutrition, physical activity, stress reduction, good sleep patterns, hygiene and regular healthy laughter.
WHAT YOU NEED TO REMEMBER
Creating balance is something to be done over a period of time. Good health is very much like a savings account—if you put a little something away every day, or every week, it’s going to be there for you in your time of need. Doing too much too soon can backfire. Everything in moderation to create a balance for you.
NURTURE YOUR BODY, MIND, EMOTIONS AND SPIRIT
- Eat foods that nourish your body such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Sleep 6-8 hours per night.
- Spend time each day in nature: walking, biking, running, swimming.
- Drink water throughout the day (add a fresh squeezed lemon to enhance the taste).
- Try turning off the news and talk shows that focus on negative reports which promote fear and anxiety.
- Watch movies that are uplifting and renew your sense of hope.
- Pick a Mantra and use it throughout the day.
- Each night before going to sleep write down five things for which you are grateful.
- Reflect on your day and take choose positive thoughts to promote positive thinking patterns.
- Be loving to you – say and do loving things that will promote positive awareness of your true self.